Thursday, June 05, 2014

Perfectly Imperfect in Second Grade

My little one sat watching me put on my make-up this morning, fascinated by what I was doing. I cooingly told her that she was already perfect and didn’t need to wear make-up. Then I thought, what does that say about the way I view myself – imperfect. Even though I know I was fearfully and wonderfully made – I have imperfections now. And that’s when those wonderful, albeit slightly altered, words of Mary Poppins came into my heart, “Perfectly imperfect”.



When I want inspiration for my classroom, there are several teaching blogs I view. There are so many talented, creative teachers out there with hearts to give their students the best learning experiences. While teaching blogs are there to inspire greatness and share wonderful activities and strategies, occasionally it can make me feel like I fall short. Not the case. And since you are here, putting time and effort into looking for ideas and strategies to use in your classroom, I assure you it’s not the case for you, either.


So, here I am, revealing to you that I am a perfectly imperfect teacher.  I hope to share with you some of our planned and unplanned happenings in second grade. May it inspire and encourage you!

No comments:

Post a Comment