Friday, October 03, 2014

How To in Blogger: Posts in your Pages


This tutorial is as much for me as it is for you. To me, using Blogger is similar to driving to a place a friend told me about with very limited directions. I miraculously arrive at that location (after many wrong turns), sing a celebratory song in my car, and then realize I have no idea how to get home... Thanks, Blogger. After combining 2 complicated tutorials I came across, I had finally created a tab that links to selected posts. I was all set to share that complicated route with you, when I discovered Blogger has a shortcut. Thanks, Blogger!


Here are the simple SHORTCUT directions for making PAGES redirect to select POSTS. Meaning – as you post, attach a label that will connect it to the other posts you want in this tab. For example, all of my tutorial posts are labeled “tech”. My new tab is “Tips for TPT”. After I complete the following steps, when I click on my tab “Tips for TPT” it will show my blog with all of the posts labeled “tech”.

1. View blog. Go to the navigation bar on the right hand side. There should be a screwdriver and wrench symbol. Click on it.



2. Click on the + Add External Link




3. Make your page/tab title. Enter this code for the URL:

http://YOUR BLOG ADDRESS/search/label/YOUR LABEL





4. Save Link. You can rearrange the order of your tabs at this stage if you’d like. Save again, and you’re done.

Click on my Tips for TPT tab to see how I linked to "tech" labeled posts. Happy Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment